Hello curious businessman, I know you eagerly want to know how to sell on eBay from India. But before we go deep down into this let’s understand some brief points about the eBay seller program and the short key points of eBay company. Also here is the table of contents available, by which you can directly go to the part you want to know about.
- eBay is known to be a notable success story of the dot-com bubble, a period of massive growth and adoption of the internet from 1994 to 2000. eBay India entered the Indian market in 2005 by acquiring an Indian online marketplace and auctioneer company Baazee.
- However, due to a lack of quality checks, like no guarantees for the sellers & buyers, product posting offers with fake pictures, which eBay didn’t think of verifying. Then Flipkart acquired it and shut its operation in the Indian market.
- And after the partnership ended, eBay immediately focused on the cross-border trade opportunity and encourage Indian sellers to continue to take advantage of eBay’s global platform and sell to customers around the world.
- According to semi-government company IBEF, In 2022, the Indian e-commerce market is predicted to increase by 21.5%, reaching US$74.8 Bn. And India’s e-commerce market is expected to reach US$350 BN by 2030.
- eBay is an online marketplace, where individuals and businesses come together to buy and sell almost anything. More than 21 lakh registered users from over 4,306 cities in India buy and sell on eBay. Buying and Selling on eBay is easy, safe and fun.
- More than 1 lakh registered sellers sell on eBay India manually. At any given time, there are over 1.1 million live listings on eBay India across 2,000 categories of products in Electronics, Lifestyle, Collectibles, Media verticles, Gems and Jewellery, Home decor, etc.
All About eBay Seller Hub:-
- eBay India, India’s leading e-commerce marketplace, is India’s largest online shopping website where thousands of Indian merchants list a wide range of products across Electronics, Lifestyle, Media & Collectible categories.
- eBay’s platform connects buyers and sellers in more than 200 markets worldwide, and it ranks as the 2nd most visited online marketplace in 2022, only surpassed by long-time rival Amazon.
- India is the fastest-growing economy & eCommerce market globally, so online sellers from India want to expand their business overseas.
- And the USA became the best destination for Indian online sellers due to the low return rate on product and marketplaces like eBay makes it very easy to sell in the USA from India.
- eBay’s helpful services for online sellers like Cross-Border shipping and Free-Listing of products make it the number one choice for Indian sellers.
eBay vs Amazon:-
Who can Become eBay Seller?
- All eBay users with an Indian-domiciled address (users who have registered on eBay with an Indian address) need to complete their Seller Registration to list items on any of the eBay sites.
- You may register to sell on eBay if you have a verified address in any of the countries, regions, or overseas territories listed below. If your country or region is not listed, you are unfortunately not eligible to sell on eBay at this time.
Benefits of Selling on eBay:-
- Sell Globally: Sell directly to the end consumer and enjoy better profit margins.
- Low Set-Up Cost: With free registration, enjoy the benefits of allotted free monthly listings and pay the final value fee only when your item sells.
- Seasonal Insulation: Your online shop stays open for business – 24×7, 365 days a year, every season.
- Immediate Payments: Receive the payment in your Payoneer Account within 2 business days after the post buyer’s successful payment.
- eBay International Shipping Program helps you to reach buyers in over 200 countries without the need to manage overseas shipping, customs, returns, or refunds.
- eBay Global Shipping Program makes your items available to more than 60 million buyers worldwide. You’re protected from negative/neutral feedback and have control over which items you want to ship through the programs.
- A worldwide community of more than 180 million shoppers across its 190+ serviceable locations worldwide.
- Rich selling management functionality and useful tools to increase sales.
- Transparent fees.
Read More: How to Sell on Amazon in India
How to Become eBay Seller in India:-
Now follow these 6 simple and exact steps to become a Flipkart seller:
Here are two types of accounts on eBay:-
- Personal account, if you sell on eBay as an individual.
If you don’t represent a registered business, please create a Personal account on eBay.
- Business account, if you sell on eBay as a company or a sole proprietor.
If you are a registered business seller (Sole Proprietor/Single member LLC, Corporation/Multi-member LLC, Partnership), please select Business account on the registration page. Fill in some additional details, like your business name, type, and address, as well as any beneficial owners, officers, directors or account managers.
eBay Seller Registration Process:-
How to create an eBay seller account:
- Open the My eBay drop-down menu on any eBay page and select Selling.
- Choose a Personal or Business account, fill out the registration form and click Create account (or you can sign up using your Google, Facebook, or Apple account). After that, provide your contact information and select Continue.
- You will be automatically redirected to My eBay. Now you need to register your account as an eBay seller account. Open the My eBay drop-down menu and select Selling once again.
- On the Selling Overview page, click the List an Item button. You will be redirected to the Sell your item form.
- Enter the name of your item and click Get Started.
- Fill out the Sell your item form and click the Submit button. Your listing will be saved as a draft, and you will be redirected to the seller account registration page. Select Get Started.
- Enter your telephone number and verify it by providing a one-time security code.
- After that, you can change your account type if necessary.
Verify your eBay Seller account details:-
When your eBay seller registration will be done, your account details need to be verified. After that, you’ll receive payouts directly to your bank account or your Payoneer account depending on the country of your registration. Before you start with your listing process on eBay, you must be completed:
- eBay registration process
- Linking of your eBay and Payoneer profiles
- Updating your GSTIN and IEC details
How to do Product Listing on eBay?
The first step in every sale is putting up your items on the website.
So how do you do this?
- By simply creating your listing.
- By having your listings online, you are opening up your own ‘sale window’ to millions of potential buyers on eBay.
Creating a listing may look easy! But every step has its importance and hence needs you to take major care at each stage of the process. Here are some important listing components mentioned on the official page of eBay product listing you must be aware of:
- Item specification
- Payment options
- Item description
- Returns options
- Selling Format
- Shipping options
- Item Condition-
- Listing duration
- Product pricing
Now you get a Sell Your Item (SYI) form:-
Step 1. Reaching the SYI Form:
- Login to ebay.com with your eBay User ID and password
- Click on the “Sell” option available in the top right-hand corner – this will take you to the main page of the SYI Form
- Select “Tell us what you’re selling” and you will see the “Select – a product category” field
- Enter a category manually or select one from the drop-down menu titled “Browse Categories”.
Step 2. Listing Details:
- Enter your preferred title in “Title”. Your title should be whatever best describes your item.
- If you want to sell multiple variations of your item, you can use the “Create variations” option to create a listing with multi-quantities, prices and variations.
- If applicable to your listing, add the Universal Product Codes (“UPC”).
- Under the “Condition” field, select the condition of your item. You can choose from the options set out in the drop-down menu.
- The “Photos” field allows you to add product images to your listing. You can add up to 12 images for each item.
- In the “Item Specifications”, field you can provide information about the item you’re selling. Typically, sellers include information about the brand, size type, size, colour and style of their items.
- Give a detailed, Mobile-friendly description of your item.
Step 3. Selling Details:
- In the “Selling” field choose a listing format. You can use the “Auction” and/or “Fixed Price” listing formats.
- In the “Duration” field specify a listing duration of 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 days. Note: if you’re using the “Fixed Price” listing format, the default duration would be set to the “Good Till Cancelled” option.
- In the “Price” field specify the item price that you are willing to sell the item for. Note: if you are using the “Auction” listing format, you can set the “Starting Price”, a “Buy It Now Price” and a “Reserve Price”.
- Under the “Quantity” field specify the number of items you are offering for sale.
Step 4. Payment & Returns Details:
- With eBay managing payments, you now do not need to specify any payment options. When buyers check out, they’ll select one of the payment methods offered by eBay. The funds will then be sent to Payoneer’s account which will then make the payout to the bank account for which you have provided details during your Payoneer registration. You can edit your payout settings under “Payments” in Seller Hub.
- In the “Returns Option” field state whether you will be accepting returns or not. If “yes”, then also include the details required to complete the “Domestic and International Returns” field.
Step 5. Shipping Details:
- In the “Shipping Details” field, select whichever shipping areas and options will apply to your listing
- Add an appropriate “Handling Time”. Note, you will be expected to dispatch sold items within the Handling time.
- In the “Item Location” field, identify where the item will be shipped from.
Step 6. Review & Submit:
- Your listing is almost ready to go live!
- Preview your listing to see how it will appear to your potential customers.
- Once satisfied with your listing click on “List Item” to publish it.
How much does it cost to sell on eBay?
Although there is no start-up fee for selling on eBay, as an eBay seller you are granted access to a variety of benefits, such as marketing and advertising tools and seller protection. To access these, eBay charges you a fee that is based on your sales. Just so you know – in most cases, you will only pay fees when the item sells. So, for every listing that you do on eBay, you are charged two types of mandatory fees:
- Insertion Fees: For item listings, eBay charges Insertion Fees to sellers. Every month you get several Zero Insertion Fee Listings. The number varies depending on which international eBay website you post your listings on. E.g., If you list on eBay.com, Insertion fees are free for your first 250 listings per calendar month (auction-style or fixed price). For most of the categories, the insertion fee on eBay.com is US $0.35 per listing.
- Final Value Fees: This fee is usually paid at the end of the transaction and is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale includes the item price, shipping service selected by the buyer, sales tax, and any other applicable fees plus a fixed fee of US $0.30 per order. Also, note an international fee and currency conversion charges may apply depending on your eBay registered address.
eBay Seller Payment Cycle-
You may choose to receive payouts of available funds daily, weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. eBay deducts fees and expenses related to your sales from your funds before payout. Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades, and Store/Shop subscription fees. You will find details of your payouts (including all related fees and selling costs) in the ‘Reports’ section of eBay Seller Hub or My eBay.
- If you receive payouts to your Payoneer account
Once a payout is initiated, funds will be available in your account within minutes.
- If you receive payouts to your bank account
If you choose to receive payouts daily, eBay sends payouts of available funds to your bank within 2 business days after confirming your buyer’s payment. In the event of a bank holiday, eBay will make the payout on the following business day.
Please Note: Once eBay sends payouts, your bank will generally take 1-3 additional business days to make the funds from these payouts available to you.
How to Increase Sales on eBay:-
So, there is a very famous quote by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar;
“If you give people the opportunity to do the right thing, you’ll rarely be disappointed.”
Here we share 10 effective ways to increase your sales on eBay:
- High-quality photography
- Multi-packs & Bundled products
- Share your listings on Social Media
- Process orders promptly
- Fast, Low-cost/Free Shipping
- Respond to customer queries promptly
- Offer Free returns
- Ship within the expected timeframe
- Keep low pricing at starting
- Strong customer service
eBay Service to Boost Your Sales:-
You can check all the marketing & promotional activities on the official page eBay.
- So, Do you want to get the most out of the business? Are you looking for an all-in-one online business solution that will help you reach millions of buyers? Then “eBay Store” is the answer!
- eBay stores are the central shopping destination where your buyers will learn more about the products that you are listing. Along with helping you reach the right customer, an eBay store will also help in managing your business efficiently and building your brand.
- Subscribing for an eBay store opens up access to more free listings and various tools that will help you succeed in your business. Crucially all your listings appear in one place – letting your buyers have more scope to make their choices. Subscribing to an eBay store will allow you to enjoy several key benefits:
|Store Subscription Fee Per Month
|Not currently available
By considering all these above points, I guess you got all the answers for How to Sell on eBay from India. Selling on eBay can be profitable yet tricky. eBay sellers need to do research, put in the effort and have the patience to identify the full potential of their e-commerce store on the platform. And undoubtedly it will be a robust way to grow your offline business that growth might be limited in the physical world and give it a new identity in the online world. And if you work with all the hard work and dedication and take care of every aspect, from registering to the product listing to cash handling, you definitely will succeed. Good luck!
Q. How to sell on eBay internationally from India?
Ans. Well, recently Shiprocket X, the cross-border logistics arm of Shiprocket, has partnered with eBay, a global e-commerce player, to provide e-commerce solutions for Indian sellers or SMEs and help them reach a global audience and to provide cost-effective and seamless cross-border shipping solutions to Indian eBay sellers by integrating ‘eBay Global Shipping’ (EGS) and Shiprocket X. The integration will allow sellers to ship to more than 160 countries including delivery to the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia and others.
Q. Will eBay ship to India?
Ans. Well, it depends on where the eBay seller is located and whether he or she ships internationally. Some sellers prefer not to offer international shipping. Some might ship to certain countries, but not to India.
Q. What is eBay Seller Hub?
Ans. It’s a one-stop destination for all your selling activities and is filled with data and information to help you to grow your business. Seller Hub is free to use and is available to every seller who has created at least one listing on the eBay site.
Q. Can an Indian sell on eBay-USA, without GST?
Ans. No, one cannot sell on eBay without GST but that doesn’t mean you have to pay any GST. For the export of goods, you don’t have to pay GST but you have to register for sure.
Q. Why eBay doesn’t ship to India?
Ans. eBay doesn’t ship anything. Sellers decide which countries they will ship to and which countries they will not ship to.
Q. How much commission does eBay charge in India?
Ans. In Insertion Fee, For most of the categories, the insertion fee on the ebay.com site is US $0.35 per listing. And In the Final Value Fee, For most categories, sellers will pay a 10% to 12.55% final value fee depending on the relevant category or product. Additional final value fees are applicable if you violate their policy by buying or selling outside of eBay or if you did not meet their seller performance standards.
Q. What are the documents needed to sell on eBay USA from India?
Ans. So, these are some important documents required for eBay seller registration:
- First name and Last name.
- E-mail address.
- GSTIN Number.
- Cancel Cheque.
- Address Proof (Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill)
- Pan Card.
- Digital Signature With Company Stamp.
Q. Can I sell stuff on eBay from India?
Ans. You may register to sell on eBay if you have a verified address in any of the countries, regions, or overseas territories listed below. If your country or region is not listed, you are unfortunately not eligible to sell on eBay at this time.
Q. How to sell on eBay USA from India?
Ans. Submit your contact details and business information:
- Selling. How to sell globally on eBay.
- eBay For Business. eBay Verified Right Owner Program.
- Listing. Create a Listing.
- Shipping. eBay One-Stop Shipping Solution (EGS)
- Marketing & Promotion. Store.
- Protection. Dispute & Seller Protection.
- Performance. Account Health.
- Payments & Fees.
- Resources. Training Callendar.
Q. How much does it cost to sell on eBay?
Ans. After selling your item, eBay generally charges 10-15% of the final value. After that, your first 250 listings each month are free, and after that, eBay charges a $0.35 insertion fee per listing.
Q. What is eBay sell note & How to sell one rupee note on eBay?
Ans. To sell notes, go first to eBay’s home page, and register for your seller account right away. You can register as a “seller” with a transparent image of your memorandum and transfer it to the website. eBay can then show your ad to those interested in buying old banknotes and coins using this platform.
Q. What is eBay sell note 786 & How to sell my 786 note on eBay?
Ans. There are plenty of people who believe in fate and religion. Many others, on the other hand, are interested in preserving antiques. In Islam, the number 786 has a lot of meaning, and the Muslim community holds it in high regard. Different religious scholars, on the other hand, have differing viewpoints on 786. Not only Muslims, but individuals of all caste divisions, regard the number 786 to be auspicious.
- To sell this note, go to www.ebay.com first.
- On the home page, you can register right now.
- You can register as a ‘Seller’ here.
- Take a clear picture of your memo and upload it to the website.
- eBay will then show your ad to those that are interested in purchasing ancient banknotes and coins that utilise this platform.
- People who want to purchase this historic note will now contact you.
- By contacting these potential buyers, you can negotiate for your note.
- After that, you can sell your note for the best possible price.
Q. What is eBay Global Shipping Program?
Ans. Last year on August 2022, eBay has been busy in India driving cross-border sales. The company had launched a program called eBay Global Xpansion Program (GXP) that enabled Indian sellers with consumer-facing products to ship globally across 190 markets. The eBay GXP program offers numerous additional features specifically for export-oriented businesses, such as market insights & planning, merchandise support, brand ownership protection, and many more. It is designed to help eligible Indian-based sellers access markets globally by providing additional support services that will allow them to distribute their products everywhere.
Q. What is eBay international shipping program?