Hello curious businessman, I know you eagerly want to know how to get Big Basket franchise. But before we go deep down into this let’s understand some brief points about the Big Basket delivery partner hub and the short key points of the Big Basket company. Also here is the table of contents available, by which you can directly go to the part you want to know about.
- Did you know? Big Basket was started as an e-commerce company and just like Flipkart in starting it used to sell books, toys & groceries named Fabmart.com, founded in 1999 by 5 founders Hari Menon, V.S. Sudhakar, V.S. Ramesh, Vipul Parekh, and Abhinay Choudhari.
- But unfortunately, this didn’t work at all and all founders moved to their new venture related to the old one and started Fabmall, assuming a physical version of Fabmart because there was no secure digital payment gateway at that time and also Internet penetration is not well established in India.
- And by combining all their failures, and learnings finally they got succeeded in October 2011 when Big Basket launched. The first online platform that sold groceries, including perishable items.
- According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the Indian online grocery market is estimated to reach US$ 26.93 billion in 2027 from US$ 3.95 billion in FY21, expanding at a CAGR of 33%.
- It is India’s first comprehensive online megastore, bigbasket.com, bringing a whopping 20,000+ products with more than 1000 brands in their catalogue where you will find everything you are looking for, to over 4 million happy customers.
- According to Consulting firm RedSeer, The total addressable market (TAM) for the category is $45 billion. And estimates India’s quick commerce market to touch $5.5 billion by 2025, up from $0.3 billion in 2021, 15 times its current size.
- As quick commerce seems like a vast & fast future among businesses and customers, BigBasket also expands quick commerce to scale up 10-20 minutes delivery; The online grocery seller recently launched “bbnow“.
- As of January 2023, the Big Basket operates in more than 30 cities in India and processes around 15 million orders on a monthly basis.
- Big Basket served a total of 8.5 million Indian households enabled by a fleet of 35,565 delivery partners. So, now you know the potential of taking a Big Basket franchise and want to give your own brand an online identity then let’s understand how to become a Big Basket seller and how to join a Big Basket delivery partner in this article of Bazaar Neeti. Let’s Go!
Benefits of Big Basket Franchise:
- Unique Selling Proposition(USP): As we have mentioned above unlike other quick commerce delivery platforms, Big Basket was rebranded from Fabmart.com and has started as India’s first online delivery of groceries & and daily need perishables items.
- Business Loyalty: Big Basket helps a wide range of local & grocery stores to reach their customers’ doorstep, also farmers to get fair prices and customers too to get their daily needs at home with discounts. That’s the main reason why 2000+ business store partners have trust in them. Also, it has currently more than 35,000+ delivery partners on its platform.
- Customer Loyalty: Big Basket as India’s largest online grocer receives over 1,50,000 orders per day and serves more than 30 cities across India.
- Brand Visibility: Big Basket increases the visibility of your brand across cities in India. And its acquisition by TATA, Big Basket became the preferable and the first choice for customers.
- Fastest Delivery: As we have discussed this quick commerce market is booming, Big Basket also enters with “bbnow” & “bbexpress” to deliver products within 10-20 minutes and within 60 minutes respectively.
- Income Potential: As your online store on Big Basket will get full traction and can be visible 24/7. So in the end using Big Basket will not only give you a higher volume of sales but also maximum earnings.
- 24×7 Assistance: If you are stuck somewhere then don’t feel exhausted you will get expert assistance for all your doubts and issues with the Big Basket vendor/partner support program.
Big Basket Product Range:
Big Basket offers you 20,000+ products and over 1000 brands on the platform: Here we have mentioned the main categories and all subcategories you can find here:
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Foodgrains, Oil & Masala
- Bakery, Cakes & Dairy
- Snacks & Branded Foods
- Beauty & Hygiene
- Cleaning & households
- Kitchen, Garden & Pets
- Eggs, Meat & Fish
- Gourmet & World Food
- Baby Care
Who Can Become Big Basket Seller?
Big Basket allows both individual stores/shops and established & well-known companies/brands like Private Limited companies, Sole Proprietorship firms, Limited Liability partnerships and any other organization registered under any other Act or legislation. And they would have to register by providing some required product and business information to become eligible for Big Basket seller.
How to Join Big Basket Partner?
Although these mentioned requirements have not been clearly mentioned by Big Basket. But if you have these documents and criteria you will be preferable. Now follow these 8 simple and exact steps to become a Big Basket franchise partner:-
Documents Required for Big Basket Seller Login:
- Full Name, Mobile Number & Email Id
- Active Mobile Number
- PAN Card Copy
- Regular GSTIN (If Applicable)
- Bank Account Details
- Your Products Lists
How To Sell On Big Basket?
Follow these 4 simple steps to sell products on Big Basket:
- Step 1: Register.
- Step 2: Add Your Company Details.
- Step 3: Add Your Product Details & Images.
- Step 4: Arrange to send products to the location.
Big Basket Partner Types:
- FSD Supplier
- Brand Owner
- Third-Party Vendor
- Jit Partner
- Speciality Supplier
- B2B Partner
- DC Vendor
- Speciality Store
Big Basket Vendor Registration:
- First, go to the official page of the Big Basket Seller Registration Page.
- Here on the right side, you will see a “Big Basket login form”. Remember if you don’t have an account click on Sign-up and for the manufacturer click on “Manufacture Login”.
- Fill in some of your details like Name, Email, Phone Number, Name of Business, Product Types, City, State, etc. and submit the form.
- Now after finishing the submission, it might take the time up to 5-10 working days for the verification of documents & verification. And after the verification part, they will make your store live on the platform.
Read More: How To Start Ice Cream Business in India
Big Basket Seller Registration Fees:
So, as we have researched Big Basket has not clearly mentioned its partner/seller registration fees. But as per industry standards, we can assume opening an online store on Big Basket might be free of cost. You may maintain your page by replying to reviews and doing a lot more without any charges.
Big Basket Seller Commission:
- As we have researched Big Basket has not clearly mentioned the exact commission fees for stores/shops registered on Big Basket. But what we get to know is on Big Basket the commission charges may vary for different cities and on a product basis. You will be able to see the commission applicable to you once the preliminary onboarding details have been filled.
- But on average Big Basket typically charges an 8%-15% commission per order.
Big Basket Partner Customer Care Number:
- Big Basket Partner Customer Care Number: 1860 123 1000
- Email Addresses: email@example.com.
Big Basket Franchise Cost:
- We have researched a lot but could not any kind of franchise provided by Big Basket. All we have mentioned is Big Basket is providing different types of Partnerships.
- So it’s completely clear if Big Basket is not providing its franchise then how we can discuss anything on Big Basket franchise cost?
♦ Big Basket Delivery Partner:
So, now we all know Big Basket is not only an online grocery delivery platform but also a quick commerce delivery app for your daily needs that allows customers to get their groceries and all majorly at any time between 6 AM-11 PM delivered to their doorstep. As a Big Basket Delivery Partner, you get to have flexible work timing of your choice, earn incentives and enjoy benefits as you go. Big Basket Delivery Partners may also earn incentives and bonuses.
Big Basket Delivery Boy Job Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Own a two-wheeler.
- Own an Android phone with an active internet connection.
- Have a valid driving license, registration certificate (RC), insurance certificate and PAN (Permanent Account Number) card.
- Have address proof and an active bank account.
Big Basket Delivery Partner Registration:
- So, as far as we have researched Big Basket has not mentioned any direct link to join Big Basket as a delivery partner. But if you want to do a Big Basket delivery job you can contact their customer support team at 1860 123 1000 or you can directly go to your nearby Big Basket delivery centre.
- Then they will guide you on how you can start a Big Basket delivery boy job. After that, they will train you, give you a t-shirt and bag then you can start delivering Big Basket products to your assigned location.
Big Basket Delivery Partner Joining Fees:
Well, Big Basket did not talk about this anywhere, But may or may not there will be a one-time joining fee applicable during the onboarding process. This is collected for various training and support purposes. And more details will be shared at the time of your interview. Then you can download the Big Basket delivery partner app and start the joining process and can instantly start your delivery job with India’s leading online grocer & quick commerce delivery company, Big Basket.
Big Basket Delivery Boy Salary:
So as a Big Basket delivery boy, your earnings on Big Basket depend upon your city and the number of orders you deliver. And when you will download the Big Basket delivery partner app, fill in your details, and start your job only then you will understand how much you can earn. And it can start from ₹5,000 per month and can go up to ₹35,000 per month. Well, on average a Big Basket delivery partner earns roughly around ₹12,000-₹20,000 on a monthly basis.
Read More: How to Sell on Amazon in India
How to Increase Sales on Big Basket:
So, there is a very famous quote by Hari Menon, co-founder & CEO of Big Basket;
“From time to time you need to look inside, remember who you are; always stay grounded, and then decide where you want to go and how to get there!“
Here we share 11 effective ways to increase your sales on Big Basket:
- Use Relevant Keyword-rich Titles & Description
- Use High-quality Images
- Use Varieties of Products Listing
- Make & include Social Proof
- Stock up your inventory
- Good & efficient packaging
- Competitive Pricing
- Better Deals & Discounts
- Reduce Shipping Cost
- Deliver on time
- Keep customer delight a priority
- By considering all these above points, I guess you got all the answers for Joining Big Basket Partner, Big Basket Franchise & Becoming a Big Basket delivery partner which can be profitable yet tricky. A Big Basket seller and partner need to do research, put in the effort and have the patience to identify the full potential of their e-commerce store on the platform.
- And undoubtedly it will be a robust way to grow your offline business that growth might be limited in the physical world and give it a new identity in the online world. And if you work with all the hard work and dedication and take care of every aspect, from registering to the product listing to cash handling, you definitely will succeed. Good luck!
Q. How do I become a delivery partner with Big Basket?
Ans. If you want to do a Big Basket delivery job you can contact their customer support team at 1860 123 1000 or you can directly go to your nearby Big Basket delivery centre. Then they will guide you on how you can start a Big Basket delivery boy job. After that, they will train you, give you a t-shirt and bag then you can start delivering Big Basket products to your assigned location.
Q. What is the salary of delivery partner in Big Basket?
Ans. It can start from ₹5,000 per month and can go up to ₹35,000 per month. Well, on average a Big Basket delivery partner earns roughly around ₹12,000-₹20,000 on a monthly basis.
Q. How do I contact Big Basket delivery agent?
Ans. So as Big Basket mentions, just feel free to write them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them on 1860 123 1000 and they will do their best to incorporate your suggestions into their system.
Q. How do I become a BigBasket vendor?
Ans. First, go to the official page of the Big Basket Seller Registration Page. Fill in some of your details like Name, Email, Phone Number, Name of Business, Product Types, City, State, etc. and submit the form. After finishing the submission, it might take the time up to 5-10 working days for the verification of documents & verification. And after the verification part, they will make your store live on the platform. And you can list your products and start selling.
Q. How much commission does BigBasket charge?
Ans. Big Basket the commission charges may vary for different cities and on a product basis. You will be able to see the commission applicable to you once the preliminary onboarding details have been filled. But on average Big Basket typically charges an 8%-15% commission per order.
Q. What is the salary of Big Basket delivery boy?
Ans. It can start from ₹5,000 per month and can go up to ₹40,000 per month. Well, on average a Big Basket delivery partner earns roughly around ₹15,000-₹20,000 on a monthly basis.
Q. How do I become a seller on BigBasket?
Ans. Go to the official page of the Big Basket Seller Registration Page. Fill in some of your details & business details. And after finishing the submission, it might take the time up to 5-10 working days for the verification of documents & verification. And after the verification part, they will make your store live on the platform. And you can list your products and start selling.
Q. How do I become a Bigbasket vendor?
Ans. Go to the official page of the Big Basket Vendor Registration Page. Fill in some of your details & business details. Then it might take the time up to 5-10 working days for the verification of documents & verification. And then they will make your store live on the platform. And you can list your products and start selling.
Q. What is Bigbasket vendor connect?
Ans. To register on Bigbasket’s official Vendor Partner Connect program your products must meet Bigbasket’s prerequisite then one of their representatives shall get in touch with you via email from Vendor Connect either approving/rejecting your request or asking you for a clarification where required.