Hello curious businessman, I know you eagerly want to know about how to get Amazon Delivery franchise in India in 2023. But before we go deep down into this let’s understand some brief points about the Amazon company. Also here is the table of contents available, by which you can directly go to the part you want to know about.
- According to market research firm Research And Markets, India’s Logistics Market is estimated to be USD 435.43 Bn in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 650.52 Bn by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.36%.
- Amazon is a vast internet-based American multinational technology company that majorly focuses on E-commerce Retailers, Cloud Computing, Online Advertising, Digital Streaming & Artificial Intelligence.
- Not only America, but Amazon is also the largest online marketplace in India, with 296 million visits per month. The only other marketplace on a similar scale is Walmart-owned Flipkart, with 167 million monthly visits. On the next level down are Myntra and Snapdeal, with 33 million and 15 million visits per month respectively.
- Food & Personal Care is the largest market and accounts for 31.4% of the Indian eCommerce revenue. It is followed by Fashion at 27.9%, Electronics & Media at 18.6%, Furniture & Appliances at 12.0%, and Toys, Hobby & DIY with the remaining 10.1%.
- According to semi-government company IBEF, In 2022, the Indian e-commerce market is predicted to increase by 21.5%, reaching US$74.8 Bn. And India’s e-commerce market is expected to reach US$350 BN by 2030.
- Amazon.in is India’s most visited online shopping marketplace in India and more customers than ever rely on Amazon.in for online shopping. With orders from over 100% serviceable pin codes in India, Amazon.in has become the online destination for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Did you know? More than 15,000 sellers have become millionaires and over 3500+ sellers have become crorepatis by selling on Amazon India. So, now you know the potential of getting an Amazon Delivery franchise and if you want to kick start your entrepreneurial journey with Amazon Logistics then let’s understand how to get Amazon Logistics franchise in this article of Bazaar Neeti. Let’s Go!
Benefits of Amazon Delivery Franchise:
- Brand Reputation: Today Amazon is the largest online marketplace in the Indian market, and you’ll feel proud by carrying this brand as a franchise. A franchisee can easily leverage brand recognition to quickly establish himself/herself in the market and attract customers.
Amazon Logistics Vision & Values:
- Vision: To be Earth’s most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
- Values: Amazon is guided by these 7 principles:
- Customer Obsession rather than Competitor Focus
- Passion for Invention
- Commitment to Operational Excellence
- Long-Term Thinking
- Highest Standards
- Invent and Simplify
- Deliver Results & Earn Trust
Amazon Delivery Service Types:
Multiple services provided by the Amazon courier franchise are:
- Free one-day delivery
- Free two-day delivery
- Free no-rush shipping
- Free scheduled delivery
- Free same-day delivery
- Discounted morning delivery
- Discounted express delivery
In Case You Missed It: How To Get DTDC Franchise
Amazon Logistics Franchise Service Types:
At Amazon, they’re committed to delivering more than just packages to their customers. They’re committed to providing a great experience. When you apply to the DSP (Delivery Service Partners) program, you have to assure Amazon that you’re willing to obsess over their customers as much as they do. You can read the different services here that we have mentioned below.
Standard Delivery Services:
As a DSP owner providing standard delivery services, you’ll operate a fleet of vans, just like the ones you see around your neighbourhood today. Your team will deliver thousands of standard Amazon packages to your community every day, ensuring that customers get their packages on time and in good condition.
Specialized Delivery Services:
- DSP owners and their teams who provide specialized delivery services make customers’ lives easier by providing home services and delivery in a single visit. Some scheduled services may only involve delivering larger items—such as a treadmill, big-screen TV, or major appliance—to the customer’s doorstep, over the threshold, or to their room of choice.
- If you provide these types of services, you’ll hire two types of delivery associates; some who work as helpers, and others who work as drivers.
Rural Delivery Services:
DSPs who serve relatively sparsely populated areas maintain a versatile fleet and team to ensure they can provide both standard and specialized delivery services. As an owner, you’ll operate a fleet of cargo vans and, depending on package volume, incorporate box trucks to meet customer needs.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Training and Development:
Training will be provided periodically to you and to Delivery Associates to be successful. Amazon continually develops their technology tools, resources and operational processes to help you be successful. After the verification process, if you will be a considerable DSP, Amazon will provide complete 2 weeks of hands-on training.
- 1st WEEK: Your introduction to Amazon and starting your business.
- Discover Amazon’s customer-obsessed culture.
- Receive valuable advice on setting up a new
business from an expert.
- Deep dive into all the exclusive deals that Amazon
has negotiated for you.
- Master the best practices of hiring, training, and
engaging a large team of employees.
- Learn more about the ins and outs of running a
- 2nd WEEK: In the field – learn how to become a successful Amazon Delivery Service Partner.
- Observe the daily processes at an Amazon delivery station.
- Assist in sorting and loading out Amazon packages.
- Work alongside existing DSP owners to watch their dispatch and on-road management in action.
- Learn about the tools used to manage a delivery business.
- Get acquainted with delivery station personnel.
- Troubleshoot common issues that your drivers and helpers may face on the road.
- Debrief with station personnel after each day of deliveries, and gather tips and tricks on ways to improve delivery quality, safety and efficiency.
How Does Amazon Help For Amazon Logistics Franchise?
Let’s Discuss What You Do?
Let’s Discuss What Amazon Do?
How to Get Amazon Delivery Franchise?
The process of getting an Amazon Delivery franchise is very straightforward. It follows the robust model which means that interested franchisee partners can register on the platform and can become the partner of India’s largest online marketplace Amazon. Now follow these simple steps to become an Amazon Delivery Service Partner:
In Case You Missed It: How To Get Blue Dart Franchise
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Delivery Franchise:
- Amazon looks at a wide range of information on each applicant, including work history, experience, education and financial information etc. to determine the eligibility of a candidate for the program.
- It should be noted that this is a highly competitive offering from Amazon and they have a limited number of openings. This opportunity would not be a good fit for those looking to make a passive investment, work part-time, run multiple businesses or run a package delivery business in multiple locations/regions. This opportunity will require the owner of the business to be involved in daily operations.
Well, Amazon has not mentioned the eligibility criteria to get an Amazon Delivery franchise. But if you have these norms then you might have a high chance to get the opportunity to become an Amazon delivery service partner.
- Firstly, you have to be an Indian citizen.
- If you have a past experience in the logistics/courier industry it will benefit you. Otherwise, knowledge can also work better for you.
- The minimum qualification is a 10th & 12th pass.
- The minimum considerable age limit is 21 years.
- The applicants must be free from any criminal cases.
- Must have a proper space, required capital, and all legal documents including identity proof, property address proof, ITR return, GST registration, and others to get an Amazon logistics franchise.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Required Documents:
- ID Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter Card/Driving License, PAN Card
- Address Proof: Bank Account Passbook, Ration Card, Electricity Bill
- Phone Number, Email ID, Photographs
- Other Financial Documents including GST, NOC
- Land Ownership/Rental Agreement
- Demand draft for security deposit and setup fee
- A Canceled cheque & 6 months’ Bank Statement
Space Requirements For Amazon Logistics Franchise:
If you want to take Amazon delivery Franchise then it is very important for you to know how much land is required to become an Amazon delivery service partner. It is necessary to have a large enough space of about 500-800 square feet for the service centre, shipments management, proper space for the showroom and at the same time you will also need enough space for the stock and parking area.
- Office: 150 square feet to 200 square feet
- Vehicle parking space: 300 square feet to 600 square feet
- Godown: 500 square feet to 800 square feet
- Well, the space requirements also depend on you that in which level you are going to open the courier franchise.
Manpower Required for Amazon Logistics Franchise:
Now here is a very crucial aspect that comes while setting up an Amazon delivery franchise involves the staffing and training of employees. And one franchisee partner must have to keep at least 8-12 staff depending upon the size of the franchise business, such as a sales consultant, sales coordinator, manager, technicians, workshop manager, service advisor, salesperson, supervisor and store in charge. And they must be paid on a monthly or everyday basis ranging from ₹10,000 to ₹30,000 (Monthly) depending upon the category.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Cost:
Well, there is no joining fee for the Amazon delivery service partner program. However, if you join the program, you’ll need to account for startup costs arising from setting up a business entity, travelling to attend Amazon training, hiring and vetting delivery associates and subscribing to any other additional business services. These tentative startup costs can vary from ₹1.5 lakh to ₹5 lakh depending on various factors such as preferred location, team size, entity type etc. And the liquid assets requirement is up to ₹8 lakh.
Amazon Logistics Franchise Equipment Requirement:
- Computer, Printer, Scanner, Bar Code Reader.
- High-Speed Internet connectivity.
- Packaging Tape & Shipping label.
- Adhesive, Staplers & Pins.
- Electricity or Inverter Facility for continuous electricity.
- Interiors as per advised by Amazon Logistics Company.
- CCTV camera for security purposes.
- Parcel Vehicle.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Contact Number:
- Contact Number: To chat with a customer service representative, visit Contact Us page and select Start chatting to chat right now or Call me to have them call you. After you choose your preferred method of contact, select a help topic to give them a few details about your issue.
- Amazon’s customer care: 1800 3000 9009
- Email: email@example.com.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Charges:
Amazon charge listing fee from sellers and somewhere delivery charge/fee from end customers. So, it does not charge any additional fee from Amazon Delivery Service Partners. And as Amazon is India’s largest online e-commerce marketplace so it offers a DSP program only for Amazon Deliveries. So, an Amazon logistics franchisee need not focus on sales, he/she only needs to focus on him/her employees.
Amazon Delivery Franchise Profit Margin:
- The Return on Investment is approximately 25%. The Amazon Delivery Franchise may get the return in about 6 to 8 months.
- Commission on sales: 10% & Rate of return: 20%.
- One Amazon DSP is likely to earn a profit of ₹50000 – ₹2lakh.
- *Below figures are projected for the owner’s operation with 20 vans and 40 bikes.
- Startup costs as low as ₹1.5 lakh
- Annual Revenue Potential: ₹1.8 Cr – ₹3.6 Cr
- Annual Profit Potential: ₹19.2 lakh – ₹38.5 lakh
How to Apply for Amazon Delivery Franchise?
Just tap on this official link of Amazon Logistics and click on “APPLY NOW”. Then tap on “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” to create an Amazon Delivery Service Partner Account by entering your name, email, and password. Then you will follow the further step as guided by Amazon. From starting your application to making your first delivery, becoming an owner can take as little as three months or as long as six months, depending on the availability of opportunities in your area.
- Create an account and set up your profile.
- Fill out a formal application.
- Application review and final interview.
- Complete two weeks of hands-on training.
- Set up your business and build a team.
- Start Delivering.
Read More: How To Get Ecom Express Franchise
Create an Amazon account:
Complete an application:
Prepare for the next steps:
Growth Tips For Blue Dart Franchise:
So, there is a very famous quote by Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos;
“Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.” “We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.”
Here we share 8 effective ways to grow your Amazon delivery franchise business:
- Build a good relationship with Amazon Logistics Franchisor
- Optimize your online presence on Google My Business
- Choose your location wisely
- Plan your transportation & vehicles
- Leverage technology for automation
- Hire well-skilled employees
- Guide, manage, reward and effectively manage your employees
- Make your customers delightful
By considering all these above points, I guess you got all the answers for the How to Get Amazon Delivery franchise. Becoming an Amazon logistics franchise partner can be profitable yet tricky. An Amazon delivery franchisee needs to do research, put in the effort and have the patience to identify the full potential of their franchise hub connected to the platform Amazon. And undoubtedly it will be a robust way to grow in this fast-growing e-commerce market. And if you work with all the hard work and dedication and take care of every aspect, from parcel management to staff management to cash handling, you definitely will succeed. Good luck!
Q. Can you start a franchise for Amazon?
Ans. Of course Yes. Amazon provides Amazon Delivery Franchise and at every stage helps them to run the Amazon logistics as an Amazon delivery service partner. And there is no joining fee. However, if you join the program, you’ll need to account for startup costs that can vary from ₹1.5 Lac to 5 Lacs depending on various factors such as preferred location, team size, entity type etc. And you need to have liquid assets of ₹6 lakh-₹8 lakh.
Q. How to become Amazon delivery franchise in India?
Ans. All you have to do is first read this detailed article on the complete benefit of becoming an Amazon delivery franchise and then read how Amazon supports you after joining. And then you can apply through this link by submitting some basic information like your name, email, password, mobile number, experience, business profile, business location, financial documents, land documents, etc. Then it might take 2 months to 6 months for verification then they will onboard you as an Amazon delivery service partner.
Q. What is the salary of Amazon delivery boy?
Ans. Well, it completely depends on the time you are giving, how fast you are able to deliver and in what kind of location you are working. But on average, an Amazon delivery boy can easily earn 12K to 30K.
Q. What is an Amazon delivery agent?
Ans. As a delivery associate, you’ll drive an Amazon-branded van, stay active, work independently, and be part of a motivated team that safely delivers Amazon packages to customers in your community every day.
Q. Who is Eligible for Amazon Logistics Franchise?
Ans. Amazon looks at a wide range of information on each applicant, including work history, experience, education and financial information etc. to determine the eligibility of a candidate for the Amazon delivery service partner program. First, you must have at least 300 sq ft of land for office set up and some more space for parking vans and bikes. Then 8-10 delivery agents, And some basic equipment like Computer/Laptop, Mobile, Printer, Internet Connection, etc.
Q. Are Amazon Franchises Profitable?
Ans. The very short answer is Yes. Because today Amazon is India’s largest online marketplace. Amazon pays them a 10% commission on sales. According to Amazon, the Amazon Delivery franchise makes between 50,000 and 2 lakh rupees in profit. In addition, the investor’s investment is expected to be recovered within 6 to 8 months, with a 25% average return on investment (ROI).
Q. How long does it take to start an Amazon delivery franchise?
Ans. Time is taken for your selection as a delivery service partner can vary on multiple factors such as availability of opportunity in your area, entity creation, processing of required checks etc. This might vary from 2 to 6 weeks. Amazon does not guarantee that every application will be selected within the stated time.
Q. Can an Amazon franchise get multiple locations for Amazon parcels delivery?
Ans. The program is currently designed for owners to operate delivery businesses within a single city with a size of up to 20 vans and 40 bikes. Although Amazon is unable to comment on the future of the program at this time, Amazon says that they’re committed to helping owners grow a successful business delivering packages in their community.
Q. What is Amazon delivery franchise contact number India?
Ans. To chat with a customer service representative, visit the Contact Us page. And Amazon’s customer care: 1800 3000 9009 & Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.